[Dailydrool] Lukie's progress

Annmarie Phillips apzz3vette at roadrunner.com
Sun Aug 31 15:56:33 PDT 2008

I am so sorry Droolers for not giving you another update, since you were all
so kind to send Drool our way.  Of course in my last post I shared that the
break in his pelvis was the "best of the worst" so he will be mending
without surgery.  The little stinker just won't stay down!  How is one to
keep a basset from walking when he wants to?  The little stinker, when I
catch him up on all 4's he sits and scooches on his butt, but when my back
is turned he is back up on all 4's!

No walking or steps for a month!!!!  I have "dog" beds all over for him to
lounge and the stinker still gets up.  He is still in pain but not as
significantly as before and I think the Rimadyl is really upsetting his
tummy, so I have just been giving him the tramadol instead.  He wants to
play! With the 2 other hounds doing the basset 500 around him or running
like a herd of horses, he longingly looks at them and has tried on occasion
to trot with them, another one of those no no Lukie, mommy will pick you up
and get you back onto your outdoor bed!

We have a follow up appt with his ortho vet on Wednesday, so we will know
more then.  But he seems in good spirits all in all except for the tummy
ache.  He is such a delicate flower with his tummy.  In fact the night
before the accident, he had one of his gassy tummy aches and kept me up, he
is the gas x king!

He is laying out here on the deck on his little bed next to me grring at the
other 2 hounds because he wants Mommy all to himself.

Thank you all again for your drool and support

Annmarie

When is Lukie going to get better to run with us again? This isn't as much
fun without him running with me.   -   Flash

I want Lukie to play with us, Flash is fun, but Lukie is my big sweetie  -
Lady Guinevere