[Dailydrool] adoption

Tina Zantrofski dzantrofski69 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 2 05:36:22 PST 2008

Hi all.  I have a question to throw out there.  I am wondering if anyone has
gone through an adoption process adopting a child.  I know this is supposed
to be basset related, so I would ask anyone who wishes to respond, to e-mail
me off list. I just thought with all the droolers we have on this list, I
would be able to "pick a few brains" about the process. My husband and I
have been married for 24 years this coming June. My oldest son is away at
college and will be 21 in February. He is thinking about going in the Coast
Guard once he is out of college.  My other son will be 18 in February and he
is also thinking about the military service when he graduates high school in
June.  This leaves us with an empty nest. I have always wished for a little
girl and I have always felt like my family is incomplete.  I always wanted 3
kids but at the time we had our boys, finances were tight, we both worked
full time so the boys were in daycare until they started school.  We thought
it best to count our blessings and move on.  Now that the boys are grown and
going out on their own, our finances are more stable and I am able to work
from home, I thought this might be a good time to look into this.  Any
thoughts?  Of course we also have the 3 dogs to think about.  They seem to
like everyone and none of them have ever shown any aggression towards
anyone.  Am I crazy to take on more than I already have? Is this typical
"empty nest syndrome" ?  . or should I "go for it".??

Tina