[Dailydrool] Clingy

dke ellathebasset at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 13 14:47:59 PST 2008

Clingy, I can tell you about clingy.

There is nothing I enjoyed more than a quiet bath, where I could just relax, read a couple chapters of my book, bring a nice wine glass filled with juice.  That was then, this is now........................................

A face sits on top of the rim of the bathtub.  That tongue comes out and wants to lick water.  If my feet are up, they get kissed.  If I do not give the perfect amount of attention, whine, whine, whine.     Since there is not door to the bathroom, I have tried locking Ella Louise out of the bedroom completely.   That is a disaster.   I remember the first time I did that.......I heard this horrible snorting noise coming from under the door.   I just knew she had gotten her nose caught under the door, this noise could not mean anything less than something truly serious.   I jump out of the tub, soaking wet, wrap a towel around me, almost slip on the tile floor and break my neck or at least damage my butt, pull open the door.   A face raises up and looks innocently at me as if all this was totally my own fault.   There was no smashed nose, no blood, just indignation that I would dare do such a thing.   She proceeds to trot right past me into the bathroom, waiting for me to finish my bath where we go though the same old process, lick, whine, whine, whine.

Baths will never be the same.  But......what would the world be without her.   My sweet Ella Louise.

Diane