[Dailydrool] pukeage

V. Tata-Phillips my4hounds at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 21 12:43:42 PST 2008

The rule on making a dog vomit is, I believe, if the offending substance has been down less than an hour, puke it up - more than an hour - rush to vet - but call vet in any case.

Whenever I have administered hydrogen peroxide, it has been an emergency so I don't measure or syringe - I pour that bad stuff into a shot glass and right down the hatch it goes - whatever you are looking for should come right up the hatch in quick order.

Last used it with rat poison - you do not want to know the story - but the blue pellets were still hanging out of the dachshunds lips - down went the hydrogen peroxide and up came the rat poison - all over the car on the way to the vet.  Vitamin K shot and pills for a month were prescribed but vet said my fast action saved him.

The only time I did not follow vet's advice was when my Winnie girl ate 1 lbs. of tri-color pasta.  The vet said wait and watch for bloat - nuh uh - we got peroxide in a shot glass and that pasta all came right back up.  Too bad I can't show you a video of me chasing her around to pick it up as 3 other dogs tried to eat the yummy looking pukeage.

It does expire, so it you have not had to use your emergency hydrogen peroxide - check for expiration date and always keep a fresh bottle on hand - costs well under $1 and is always in my medicine cabinet.   Good for minor cuts and scrapes as well - human and canine!
GinnyTata-Phillips, author of DOGKU and PETKU