[Dailydrool] Gotcha day and Howliday cards

Karrie Kuecker wandereroftheworld at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 13:38:58 PST 2008

First of all, we're sending drool to all of those who need it! With the
holidays this weekend, the boys have had their share of goodies, and are
drooling up a storm!

This morning it was pointed out that it's my "little brother" Checkers'
Gotcha day! 1 year ago today I went with Dad & Joey to go meet the runt. He
was just a little thing, and spastic as ever! He's gained a good 5+ lbs.
since we got him (he had a tape worm when we first got him, so maybe that's
why he was so skinny? He ate like a horse, and never gained weight!!) He's
calmed down slightly over the last year, and turned 2 back in July (date
unknown, so we gave him the same birthday as his brudder dog Crispin the
spaniel), but no sign of the big boy brains yet! He's got more guts then
brains, and still tries to bite the older boys tails, and steal their toys.
But, he's cute and lovable, so he gets away with a few things. Plus, Joey's
schooling him in the fine art of counter cruising! They've started to
tag-team cruise; Joey's bigger, so he knocks it off, then all 3 boys either
share, or take turns with playing with their spoils. Ironically, when we
went to get him, the drive down was fine, but the drive back took over 3
hrs. (usually about 1.5-2-ish hrs.) and it was a snowstorm on the way back,
and today, again, we have a lot of snow! Not sure what sort of special
treats he'll be getting today, but he got to go to PetSmart all by himself
yesterday, no "little nephew" Joey to protect him, and get pets and treats
there. What a year it's been!

Also, Howliday cards, we got all of ours packaged off & sent out over the
long weekend, and will work on the hero's list soon, but we still will have
a whole lot of extra cards (even after setting aside the ones for the hero's
list), so if anyone out in drool land that didn't sign up for the exchange
would like a card with the hounds on it, just let me know, and I can send
you one.

--
-Karrie, momma to Joey, Aunty to Checkers & Crispin (wb)

Joey's dogster page: http://www.dogster.com/dogs/637473