[Dailydrool] I closed my eyes and felt your chest rise,

Carolyn Mitchell carolynmitchell at ns.sympatico.ca
Tue Dec 2 12:36:31 PST 2008

For some odd reason I was pushed to write this piece and pass it along, I want to dediacte it to all those that give of their time and hearts to help those lost souls
see that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that there is someone that will love them, the way they need to be loved
Hats off to all the foster moms and rescues that give of themselves so freely . You truly are heros that are sometimes not reconised enough
God Bless you in all that you do.

Some gave some and some gave all. The foster moms and rescues truly give all

Healing Drool to all those in need!

Carolyn

Rex aka LiL Foot
LiL Miss Daisy Halo

Max A Million (ATB)
Sir Opa (ATB)
Princess Jodie (ATB)
Hopper (ATB)
Henry (ATB)

I closed my eyes and felt your chest rise, I was sleeping and listening to your heart beat. I was so lucky to find you. My sweet human.
Many nights I wandered the dark streets begging for food
My soulful eyes just begging for one chance at love.
You past by and I saw you glance my way, I thought no, you would leave as they all do and not want me. I was once young  and small and then I grew,
It was decided that I was no longer needed. I was too big as I was told so cruelly as I was pushed out the door of the only place I knew so unloved
I thought I did something wrong. All I wanted was to be loved the way I was capable of giving love.
I close my eyes not able to bear the pain of someone else taking pity throwing me a crumb and then leaving. I feel a soft hand on my face
and hear the words, "I will take care of you little one"
"Little One no one ever called me little and you want who me, are you sure?"
These soft hands raised me up and put me in the car. Took me to a place she called home.
I had a warm bath and she placed me upon a thing she called the couch, toys , treats, food and a brother.
Wake me up I am dreaming. I am not out in the cold cruel world walking the streets.
I was placed upon the bed and I laid my head upon the chest of the lady that said call me Mama. I fell into a deep sleep
I woke up to the rising of your chest/ listening to your heartbeat. I cried out and you said Why Why are you crying?  I promise to love you forever.
I cry for those that have not found a home left  behind to wander the streets. Hunger pain gnawing at their soul. You promise me that you know people that will
help others as you have helped me. You look deep into my soulful eyes and tell me that I am the most beautiful little boy. I was named Hope a silly name for a boy but because
there is hope for me and others. Mama said that she would devote her life to helping find homes for those lost and without hope.