[Dailydrool] good dogs/bad dogs

Marilyn Bickell mbickellhounds at comcast.net
Tue Dec 2 16:44:59 PST 2008

Ok. We have 3 hounds:
1. Bess bad/good dog, depending on her level of grumpiness from day to day.
2. Rosey bad dog ~~ no depending. But occasionally good dog. Occasionally.
3. Beaver super good dog.

They balance each other out. But yes, the "bad" is definitely more
exhausting to the humans than the "good."
OTOH, the "bad" dogs are much more entertaining and keep us geezers young
and on our toes ~~ and exhausted.

We love BadDogRosey to bits! I don't think she's bad for any specific reason
like being abused or whatever other reasons that might turn a dog. She was
in 4 "homes" by the time she was 1 1/2 years old, so maybe she has an
inferiority complex. We got her as a foster, but by day 3, Tom and I decided
to keep her BECAUSE she had been in so many homes at such an early age.

Then there's Beaver who keeps me and Tom laughing every single day, many
times a day. Beaver is clingy, needy, loving, sweet boy! He talks
constantly. If he was able to form words, he would be Beaver O'Reilly,
instead of Beaver Bickell.

There's joy and grief and whatever other labels you want to put on "bad"
dogs. But for me and Tom, Rosey has been a pleasure in ways that far
outweigh her badness; her inquisitiveness.

Marilyn, Miko (Chasing lizards in Heaven), El Queeno BessWHSE,
RoseyMaeNAFASSDDBBSSSBSAT, & (FC)Theodore CleavEar Beaver Bickell,
Fort Bragg, CA., "You have gone ahead and nothing is the same, leaving paw
prints on my heart that will always remain."- Tibetan Proverb from Prayers
on the Wind.