[Dailydrool] What happened to the Bonded Sr. Bassets?

Sylvie McGee sylviemcgee at comcast.net
Tue Dec 2 21:09:41 PST 2008

Hi, Brenda,

I'm not sure which pair of bonded senior Bassets you are talking about - but
I can tell you about the pair I have here with me now...

Mattie and Jasper are about 8 years old. Mattie is blind - both eyes were
removed due to glaucoma. Despite this, she is outgoing, happy, confident,
and not at all hesitant getting around the house. Jasper, her companion, is
actually less certain of himself.

They are very bonded, and spend a lot of time in their (open) crate napping
together. They are an adorable pair that cause no problems or stress
whatsoever. And they are healthy and easy keepers.

Mattie and Jasper came to me from California earlier this year (late
spring/early summer, I think). They were here a couple of months, and then
adopted. Alas, their foster dad developed huge allergies to them, and that
was making it nearly impossible for him to work because the meds knocked him
out. So the family regretfully returned Mattie and Jasper to me after a
couple of months of trying different approaches to deal with the allergies
was unsuccessful.

I'm looking for a foster home and/or an adoptive home for this sweet pair.
If anyone is interested, or knows someone who might be, please refer them to
me....I'm at 6 dogs in the house, which is a lot! And I'd love some help
with food costs - they are really putting me under!

Thanks!

Sylvie McGee

Seattle Purebred Dog Rescue Basset Representative

Olympia, WA

spdrbassets at comcast.net