[Dailydrool] Maggie update

Leah McConnell lmcconnell at centurytel.net
Fri Dec 5 15:28:47 PST 2008

Maggie the Evil Empress of the San Juan Islands is still quite ill. She was
back at the vetspital yesterday for fluids, vitamins and an antibiotic shot
and stuff for nausea.Her temp went up to 105.2. She slept when she came home
but was still throwing up every three hours. I brought her back in this
morning for x-rays and more fluids and antibiotics. Her temp was down to
104.6. There is no obstruction and the best guess is hepatitis - viral or
bacterial or a toxin problem or she has cancer and the tumor broke open. Her
liver values are improving but her kidney results are increasing a bit. I am
bringing her home late this afternoon and will take her back in tomorrow for
more fliuds. They though about an ultrasound but I do not have the $175 the
other vet office requires to do the ultrsound. The one vet said it shouldn't
be necessary - all it can show is if there is a tumor. I will stay home with
her tonight and keep he close, spend another night on the floor with her and
give her lots and lots of love. We hsould know more in a few days.

Please send some of Maggie's drool to Esther Strom. I know have some
medication to heklp me deal with the anxiety.

Thank you so much to the Droolers who have contacted me - it means so much.
I will respond

Leah, very scared momslave to Maggie the Evil Empress of the San Juan
Islands OEBE (mommy-I really sick make me better) and Rusty ATB