[Dailydrool] Thank you

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Sat Dec 6 03:25:06 PST 2008

Thanks to everyone for the very nice messages about Miss Maggie. She was a wonderful old St. Bernard and I sure do miss having her around here. Of course, while she was still crying over Maggie, Judy from Saint Rescue asked if I wanted another "project". I had to decline for the time being. I need to get used to Maggie being gone, and Pearl is arriving next weekend!

If we aren't asking too much, Barney could use a little drool too. He's had an ear infection for a month or so. It improved with the medication, but as soon as I stop it looks like the Creature from the Black Lagoon is sliming around in his ear. Yesterday, the vet took another look, and there is impacted wax in front of the ear drum. That means the infection is behind there so it can't be fully treated. Barney, who is guessed to be around 12 years old, will go in Monday for anesthesia and to get his ears cleaned out.  That way, the medication can get all the way down and hopefully finally get rid of this thing. I hate to do a procedure on him, but that ear can't feel very good and it doesn't seem practical to treat it daily forever. Not to mention whatever resistant bugs we may breed in there and make things even worse. I know the worst part for Barney will be no breakfast on Monday.

Thanks again to everyone. Maggie gave great snooter kisses - that big face and bristly whiskers would snuffle around - and I know she's sending them to all from the Bridge.

Synthia
Bud, Barney, Kahuna, Zuma, 1 week to Pearl, Doheny ATB, Bixby ATB
Ace the Newf
St. Bernard Baja, Saintly Miss Maggie ATB & Hannah ATB
Maya the Great Dane