[Dailydrool] Watch what you say...and how you say it.

L.K. Metzler toppogigio at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 11 11:52:45 PST 2008

Some food for thought when responding to posts on or off list...

"Think all you speak, but speak not all you think. Thoughts are your own; your words are so no more." (Patrick Delany, Cleric, c. 1685-1768)

"The logic of words should yield to the logic of realities." (Lous D. Brandies  Jurist, 1856-1941)

The mods may have taken a break from the list for a while, but that does not mean that we should take leave of our manners or our civilty towards others.  C'mon, people... ANOTHER new person has felt that they could not be a part of this community because of a few people who made nasty comments. On or off list, it doesn't matter...we're supposed to be here about the dogs and about supporting the dogs and each other...not taking swipes and potshots at each other.  If you disagree, fine, but be civil about it and don't call names or make snide comments about a person.  That is what we did in junior high school, and hopefully, we've all gotten past that.

Calling out a person by name on a public forum such as this is also not exactly kosher.  Some of you know who you are....

Let us get back to the Bassets...rescuing, raising, living with, laughing at and about, celebrating, mourning, delighting in, and loving the Bassets.

It's Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa/Winter Solstice/whatever season...  Happy Holidays.  Peace on earth, Good will towards Men, Women, and all creatures great and small.

L.K. Metzler
San Marcos, TX
toppogigio at yahoo.com

"A dog wags its tail with its heart." - Martin Buxbaum

"If dogs could talk it would take a lot of the fun out of owning one." -- Andy Rooney