[Dailydrool] Being sick is such fun...

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Thu Dec 11 12:58:52 PST 2008

I had quite an episode yesterday and thought I would share with the
folks who would probably laugh the hardest... I was out sick yesterday,
again, with some crud that won't leave my head except to travel to my
chest and back again.  I put all four of the dogs out back and left them
there to play in the sun for a while and sat back on the sofa for what I
planned to be just a few minutes.  I fell asleep.  I wake up, groggy
from all the medicines I'm on, and I hear scratching and whimpering at
the back door.  I can see the hounds from where I'm sitting.
Apparently, a cold front had blown in while I was napping, and brought
with it an icy rainy sludge that turned my sunny backyard into a
freezing cold mud pit, and in that mud pit stood four freezing cold,
soaking wet, mud covered basset hounds. And they were pissed!  Not only
did I feel like total and complete crapola, I was home alone in a house
that DH proudly cleaned thoroughly the night before, and I knew I
couldn't just let them in, they would have mud from the floor to the
ceiling and back again!  So I picked them up, one 50 pound wet muddy
hound at a time, which was no small feat in itself, hoisted each one
into our kitchen sink, rinsed the mud off as best I could, dried off the
excess water and then tossed each one into the pantry while I ran out to
get the next hound still waiting in the freezing cold.  One of them
slipped away and ran through the door directly to the sofa, still
covered in mud and shaking in fear as I ran after him screaming "please
NO!" and I accidentally smashed poor Sophie's paw under the door trying
to keep the rest of them from getting through the door at once and when
it was her turn to come in, she took an extra 5 minutes before she
trusted me to keep the door open (I don't really blame her).  When I had
gotten them all rinsed off, I was so out of breath I could barely stand
up, I was coughing, and wheezing and plain exhausted.  I shoved the last
hound into the pantry, tried to shut the door and go grab more towels
and my soaking wet pajama pants got caught on the door and I tripped,
and my pants fell down to my ankles!  Of course, the four soaking wet
hounds ran right past me into the living room and simultaneously shook
wet muddy dog all over the place.  All that work and they got the whole
place wet anyway!!!  I just sat there on the floor, freezing, covered in
mud and soaking wet with my pants around my feet and cried.  I hate
being sick.  My dogs still aren't talking to me, especially Sophie.

Jessica L. Sutton