[Dailydrool] Morse & Morris Dancing, Rescue Shopping

rebecca stanton rebecca.stanton at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Dec 14 14:46:14 PST 2008

So today, being Sunday, we went - as we always do! - to the pub, with Morse..  This is a Sunday tradition he hates to miss as the pub serves hot sausages for the customers at Sunday lunchtime.  We set off at 11.30 although the pub doesnt open until 12.00, because the 5 minute stroll takes us half an hour by the time Morse has stopped every 5 seconds to sniff another piece of grass, cross the road from side to side as he likes, and stops (and occasionally sits down) outside various houses en route to see if the occupiers emerge with treats. (1 out of 3 did today).  We had been in the pub about 10 minutes, with Morse at my feet patiently waiting for said sausages to arrive, and drool forming, when the Morris Dancers strolled in!  Now, I dont know how worldwide these dancers are, so for anyone not familiar with their odd costumes and blackened faces, here they are:  http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fb24CzvqCYU
Morse wasnt at all bothered, he only had eyes for the sausages, and all was fine - more people to pat his  head and ask 'would he like a piece of sausage?' The dancing was about to start outside so I thought I would trot out for a watch with Morse in tow.  They started.  But - Oh My Dog - I forgot the loud booming drums.  Morse shot between my legs and almost yanked me into next week at the speed he shot back into the pub.  The Morris dancers were definitely not a hit with him.
We have done some lovely shopping so far for basset stuff - among the items ordered were the gorgeous squeezie stress busters from Golden Gate Rescue and then the wonderful magnetic list pads and a cute heat pad from Slobber Shoppe.  We also ordered the urn from them for Pumbaa's ashes, and it is beautiful.  I think I may have over-ordered when it comes to calendars (!) and I may be putting some on Houndsbay shortly!  The DD calendar is lovely, as always - thank you Ellie.  And the Howliday cards - I can't wait for the post every day! - might do the bigger list next year!
We send drool to all in need

Becky, Morse & Pumbaa ATB x