[Dailydrool] Crazie Gracie is a senior now

Donna Lindy dlindy at mac.com
Mon Dec 15 13:22:24 PST 2008

Today, December 15, is our Crazie Gracie's 7th birthday -
now our household has 3 seniors and 1 juvenile. We're
talking about the four bassets here, not the humans!
And we're not gonna talk about the humans and their
ages . . .

Back at Christmas in 2001, my present from Bill was
a photograph of a litter of puppies that had been born
10 days earlier - I got to watch the litter grow up and,
after the breeder had her picks of show worthy bassets,
I got first choice.  Gracie's not a perfect specimen, as
sometimes  happens, but she has brought us much joy
in her 7 years in spite of her crooked leg and those scary
seizures.  We laugh every night at her sleeping position
(flat on her back with everything exposed) and the way
she snores like a freight train yet can hear the rustling of
a paper or plastic bag 2 rooms away and be in front of
you in a split second.

Gracie goes  swimming with Elmo - he is lazy even in
the pool so motivation helps and Gracie is just the one
to give it to him.  She adores Eva, the swim therapist,
and will constantly swim to them and interrupt - so Elmo
gets mad and he takes off swimming around the pool
while Gracie gives Eva a face bath.  Mission accomplished!

Speaking of Eva, she is absolutely thrilled about getting
all the howliday cards so thank  you to everyone who
has sent or is sending her a card.  She loves  every
single one and makes note of where it comes from.  I had
to look at every card she'd gotten last week and I bet I'll
see more when we go on Wednesday!  Jean and the
Wild Bunch got to hear all about the cards when they
swam over the weekend, too!

Gracie says Frosty Paws for everyone for her birfday!

Donna, drool fueler for Elmo, Pw Pauline, Gracie the
birfday girl and Pw Bosley, missing Dudley ATB