[Dailydrool] Elphaba eating grass

Virginia Oliveira duda.tuppence at shaw.ca
Mon Dec 15 20:47:57 PST 2008

Hi Brenda

Violeta has had this episode many times over. Some times she threw up paper towels or plastic and some other just a huge quantity of "aerated saliva" (can't find another way of explaining it). She has had it since puppy and it really looks like hiccups and she goes crazy eating dog hair or lint from the floor. We started growing grass on plant pots for when she has that in winter.
The first time she had that she was a baby and I thought she was bloating. On the way to the vet she vomited a football sized mass of grass. Another when we got to the vet. After some time she came happily from the vetman office, tail wagging, no hiccups.
After that we don't worry anymore. We always have children's syrup to help with the mucous substance.
But it was scary.
We are happy she is well!
Love and drool to all
Virginia, Xaxa and Violeta (hic-up)

"I'm truly convinced, by faith and experience that living on this earth is not a trial but a pastime. If we live simply and wisely. Simplify, simplify."
- Thoreau