[Dailydrool] Pearl's first snow

surferdogs at comcast.net surferdogs at comcast.net
Wed Dec 17 01:50:57 PST 2008

The power finally came back on last night - yippee! Good thing too, as it snowed last night. There are still lots of people without power though - including behind and to the right of me. Thanks to all who send drool to us - it helped.

Pearl got me up to go out around 3:30 this morning. She was a good girl and whined to let me know she needed to go out. No accidents at all since she got here! Anyway, when she went out, there was about 2" of snow. I wasn't sure what she'd think about that, but she loved it! After she went potty, I thought she'd come right back in but she started running around and checking it all out. She was very cute, though it would have been even more cute in daylight...also, no photos of the experience as I wasn't inclined to find the camera, plus it was dark. I was pleased that she enjoyed the snow and seemed fine going outside. I hope now she can learn our typical routine with things like actually sleeping in a bed at night, having lights, heat, and water.

I still haven't had a chance to catch up on the news, but we send drool to those who are sick, sad, or have gone to the Bridge. And I think my cards will be late this year...I was waiting to take a photo with Pearl, but with the power outage, that just hasn't happened yet. I'll try to get a photo soon, but I leave to visit my parents next Monday and I'm not sure I can get them out before then. They WILL go out eventually, I promise! I have a Christmas photo of Kahuna, so if I can't get anything else, those on the mid list will at least get that.

Drool and belly rubs!
Synthia
Bud, Barney, Kahuna, Zuma, Pearl, Doheny ATB
Ace the Newf
Baja the Saint, and Saintly Miss Maggie and Hannah ATB
Maya the Great Dane