[Dailydrool] Dogs 101 on You Tube..and the basset nose

Mary Tipping MTipping at cblh.com
Wed Dec 17 11:04:39 PST 2008

Here is a link to the Basset Hound on Animal Planet's Dogs 101 in case
you missed it!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHJ8JRHAFlE

And....how to keep a basset from following its nose?  I have two words
for you:  Im Possible.  I have learned (well, I sometimes need a
refresher course) that I must now think like a basset and keep any and
every item that I value in a tightly closed closet or drawer, in the
car, or high on a shelf.  Years ago Harley chewed a hole in a very
expensive fur coat (it was a gift, I would never buy one) that I left
casually draped over a chair (card carrying member of PETA, perhaps?).
He has destroyed the heels off countless shoes and boots left on the
closet floor, and tore a lovely silk dress off its hanger and chewed
holes in it.  He once stole a half pound of Stilton cheese off the
counter at a guest's home and an entire stick of butter off the table at
a dinner party.  He completely obliterated my cell phone, several
times--at the end I was having to press the numbers with a ballpoint
pen, and even then having to guess what they were because the template
thingey was gone).  Biggs recently chewed the heels of a pair of leather
boots I possessed for exactly one week, and last week it was a pair of
pumps.  Just a few days ago I found my new wool turtleneck with dried
drool all over it and several holes chewed through it.    Roland, are
you listening???  Vigilance, my friends, eternal vigilance...!

Mary, Harley, Biggs and Leo

This e-mail and any attachment is intended only for use by the addressee(s) and may contain privileged and confidential information.  Please email or call 302-658-9141 to advise the sender of a transmission error and delete the message and any attachments and any printouts.  Any tax advice contained in this communication is not intended and cannot be used to avoid penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or to promote, market or recommend to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.