[Dailydrool] Kelvin had a vet visit

Carmen Kraus kdbeads at verizon.net
Wed Dec 17 14:25:23 PST 2008

I took Kelvin in today because the swelling from the neuter wasn't
getting any better and he seemed to be in pain.  Also had his heart worm
test run.  We have good news and not so good news.

Good news first.  He's heart worm negative.  There is no infection due
to the neuter, just a bad reaction to the sutures and some prolonged
edema.  Officially no ear infection, just waxy.  Overall he looks good,
gained 2 more pounds.  He'll be on  Salix for the edema and pred for the
reaction

Bad news.  He tested positive for ehrlichiosis but is not showing
clinical signs other than pale gums.  Since he is gaining weight his
condition is not due to this however, his eyes might be affected.  To
the vet it looked like he might have a slight entropion but after the
test came back he thinks its being caused by the ehrlichiosis.  He also
needs a dental.... really bad, he may loose a few teeth, still not the
cause of his body condition.  So he's on a high dose of doxycycline for
the next month.

We have a recheck on the 29th and I can give him a full bath on
Saturday!  Seriously, he neeeeeeds a bath something awful.  We've
nicknamed him Stinky....

No pics or videos unfortunately... My computer and I are having an
argument over compatibility, /again/.

Carmen