[Dailydrool] Trixie...and a request

earthyoga at aol.com earthyoga at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 09:51:49 PST 2008

First the Gareis girls are slinging drool for all houndies in need, all
that have passed on to Rainbow Bridge and to their loving "slaves to
the hounds"!

Trixie our foster had surgery yesterday to remove hardened cysts that
could/would potentially become a problem.  She has 6 separate places on
her little body - the largest cyst which was on her hip had a really
wide base when they got in there and so she as about an 8 inch slice
across the back of her hip, then another 6 inch one along mid spine,
another 6 inch one closer to the base of her tail and then 2 more - one
on her front leg and one on the back.  They are not cancerous, but were
pretty nasty and we'll have to watch her since it seems she is prone to
getting them.  Dr. Bridges also cleaned her teeth "on the house". She
is resting comfortably and the other girls, especially Bailey has been
pretty quiet which is a real switch!   And I haven't lost one loaf of
bread or stick of butter for 24 hours!  Trixie should be back to her
old self over the next 10 days or so.  She is eating well and goes
outside although none of them want to today since we are being hit with
that icky ice/rain/pellet snow horrid stuff that is falling from the
sky here in NE Ohio.  Please send a bit of drool to help her recover to
her counter surfing old self!~

And my request to all the Ohioian's and anyone else who would like to -
Ohio Basset Rescue is so stretched as are all rescues this time of year
and in crazy economy that it's really nice to find a business that
wants to help too.  So if you have an extra Basset Howliday card send
it on to

Dr. Melanie Butera, Dr. Stacey Bridges and Staff
Elmridge Animal Hospital
10870 Portage NW
Canal Fulton , OH 44614

A wonderful vet hospital that will keep the cost down to help our
beloved hounds!

Thanks and try and relax and enjoy this coming week even with all the
craziness it brings!

Emily and the Gareis girls, Maggie, Bailey, Princess and Trixie our
foster
(Sierra ATB 2.6.08)