[Dailydrool] Knockin-Knoggins..oh the pain!

LAMAR BLACK ali808 at verizon.net
Fri Dec 19 18:53:24 PST 2008

Howdy from Texas, Have been lurking for some time and am loving the stories, and valuable Bassett information!
I have a question for all you REALLY experienced droolers out there. (I consider myself an amateur seeing that I have only two Bassett hounds, Cody the oldest still a baby at four years and 65 pounds, and our newest rescue from our local shelter, Elliot only 30 pounds and well over a year according to our vet. Poor little guy, tied to the flag pole and left half starved at the city shelter.)
Anyaroos...the question..Is there somewhere to get a protective face device for mom slave?...I have had countless knoggin-knockins while affectionately giving kisses to irresistible flat spot on top of smoshy nosy, when out of no where, a distraction (maybe food wrappers wrestling) and Wham! they bang their head in my face smack, right in the kisser! The latest event sent howls from mom person so scary  both scurried  flying to their beds like they were the ones in pain. That time they both got me at the same time right in the nose with those huge HARD heads!  Of course if I were to wear the protective device then how could I get my snuggle wuggles?  Obviously this mom slave is just wet behind the ears and needs more training. I bet there's tons of painfully funny "knogging-knockin" stories out there!

Following the drool and loving it in Wylie Texas,
Ali mom slave and official nose bleeder to Cody 4 years and Cody 2 years