[Dailydrool] The World According to Norm -- Mother Nature's Wacky

Sandi Wittenberg sandi at redbaybassets.com
Sat Dec 20 11:55:34 PST 2008

It's me again - Norm!

This is my second winter, so I know a little about this winter stuff.  I
remember the cold air, I remember the wind, I remember the snow!  But
yesterday, all sorts of things fell out of the sky that I haven't seen
before.  I think Mother Nature has gone wacko!  It all started with big
fluffy snow flakes - that was cool.  Did you know that if you hang out your
tongue, you can catch the snow flakes?  So, it snowed a little while and got
about 4 inches deep while I was taking a nap - really!  Then, the snow
changed into something else - kind of like snow-rain - SNAIN!  Yeah - snain!
It was really cold too!  Then ice started falling from the sky - mom says
that was sleet.   Then the wind started blowing, the trees started crackling
and groaning, and branches started falling out of the sky.  And I don't mean
little twigs - I mean GIANT size logs - so big that Mom and Dad had to work
together to get them out to the burning pit.  We stayed in the house - Mom
said she didn't one of us getting impaled by a branch.  I don't know what
impaled means but I was happy to stay inside - those trees sounded scary.
Finally, things quit falling from the sky and I went outside.  Oh my - did I
have a surprise - Mother Nature turned my yard into an ice skating area.
The sidewalks have 2 inches of ice on them, my rocks are coated with ice, we
have serious poopsicles (yummy!), even the snow is covered with ice.  You
can even walk ON TOP of the snow - if you can keep your four paws underneath
you!!   Now I know what I want for Christmas --- Santa, please bring me some
ice skates!  I need four of them in basset size 2.

FW: [BassetShowring] Permission to Crosspost-Drools to ya!

Norm (and the rest of the Red Bay Gang)

Grady, Hoagie, Johnny & Opie

Sandi Wittenberg - Mom to the Red Bay Basset Boys