[Dailydrool] Shelter helped

gravemast at aol.com gravemast at aol.com
Thu Dec 25 08:09:19 PST 2008

Hi,

I just wanted to brag on some of my students.

I am a school teacher at Bay-Waveland School District, in Bay St. Louis, MS.?(yep, ground zero for Hurricane Katrina).? We had a pet food drive the weeks before Christmas break that was benefitting the local animal shelter (Waveland Animal Shelter).? Ann Lathrop (who was running the Drive) was able to collect over 1500lbs of pet food (mostly dog food) for the shelter.? My class itself came up with nearly 300 lbs.? When Ann called the shelter, the shelter manager choked up.? So I wanted to brag to the Drool how well Ann and the students at Bay High School did during this drive.? I also want to enourage people to try to go out and do something for their local shelter or Basset Rescue.? Donate some money, donate some time, bring some food, toys or blankets.? Do whatever you can to help.? Challenge your co-workers to do the same.? Organize a food drive or money drive at your work.? Challenge employees to out do each other.? We are the ones that need to make a difference!

Just a note....this is the shelter that helped me rescue a beautiful boy basset that i transported to Looziana Basset Rescue.? He was later adopted and taken to his forever home in New England.? He was named Howard (By Leslie Wallace at the Rescue).? Howard....Merry Christmas boy! I hope you are lounging on a couch in front of a fire right now.

Tom
Slave to Calypso and Harley