[Dailydrool] Rolph takes the biscuit

Sally King sallyemking at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Dec 29 08:46:24 PST 2008

I thought I might spend a couple of days this holiday redecorating the hallway, so I took the hounds to the park for a long playtime, then dropped them off home, with treats, while I nipped to the paint shop, which is five minutes walk away. I probably spent 15 minutes choosing the paint and came home.
  Strangely, no dog came running up to meet me as I came through the door. Where was my waggy welcome? Were they exhausted by the playtime in the park? Miffed I had gone out again without them?
  No. They were scarfing down a tin of Christmas biscuits which, when I left the house, had been on the dresser.
  Luckily there wasn't much in the way of chocolate in there, but they ate more than a whole layer between them and as I never give them sweet, human food, I expect they'll pay for their crime (and so will I with a mop!).

  Sally, with Rolph and Clara, a pair of fat, happy bassets who'd better not even think of mentioning tooth ache