[Dailydrool] Question

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Wed Jul 9 11:59:04 PDT 2008

Gosh Bev...you're really brilliant when it comes to these hounds and
their antics.  Had a few in your lifetime????

I have a question for drool land, hopefully you guys can help out cause
I'm about to lose it!  I posted a couple days ago about our little
visitor, my brother in law's dog Speedy (you remember ears too small,
legs too long, etc.), anyway, he is either petrified or excited or
something of my fat lazy cat, Choncey Beaureguard.  Every time he sees
him, even from across the room, he starts barking and wailing and
screeching and yelling and plain and simply freaking out!!!  Now mind
you, Choncey just lays there and rolls his eyes and his tail lazily
flops up and down...he doesn't move a muscle, and my girls look at
Speedy like "What's the big deal, it's just Choncey!?!?!" So, the entire
house pretty much has no reaction whatsoever when Speedy does this,
everyone just looks at him like he's loony and then my husband will fuss
a bit for him to calm down or go over and either grab the cat and put
him in another room or put the dog outside or whatever, but I'm scared
the neighbors are going to think we have a dog abuse ring going on at my
house and call the police or something from the way he howls every time
he sees the stupid cat!!  It sounds like we have taken a knife to his
throat and we are skinning him alive or something!  It's brutal!  Last
night, I lured him over to where Choncey was laying with little pieces
of cheese, and got him closer and closer with each piece of cheese, but
once the cheese ran out, he snapped back to reality and saw Choncey
laying there right next to him and just lost his mind again!!  My kids
are trying to keep them apart as best as they can while we're at work,
but inevitably Speedy comes in contact with the cat and it goes on
again.  Now mind you, the cat just rolls his eyes and ignores him, the
other dogs just keep walking and glance at him like he's an idiot, and
he just stands there barking and wailing at the top of his lungs.  No
one is in danger of getting hurt or hurting themselves, it's mostly just
the neighbors wondering if I'm killing dogs in my backyard that I'm
worried about.  Help, please!!!  Anyone know what to do???  He's leaving
in a week, but until then, I'm losing it!!!  Thanks!!!!

Jessica L. Sutton