[Dailydrool] microchips

Beverly Szaton bgszap at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 14:37:18 PDT 2008

I sold my puppies with microchips already implanted and an agreement that
the new owners would register the pups with Avid and i would reimburse them
for it. A year later I thought to check and found not a single owner had
complied. I therefore called Avid and had the chips registered in MY name,
so if any of my puppies turn up in a shelter, I will be called and can then
decide if I want to try to track down the missing owner. It really
infuriated me at the time. I don't see any way to make it any easier to
register a microchipped dog for a new owner. Knowing now, that the chances
are good it will never be done, any dog I sell in the future will be chipped
and registered back to ME.

MomPerson to Microchipped and registered Nigel, Llewis, Mitchell, Zelda and
Cooper

PS.
My first Belgian was tattooed. (Later he got the first microchip the clinic
ever put in) I had a decal on my car window warning that the dog was
tattooed and registered with the NDR. I came out of the grocery store one
evening to find a young man hanging around the car, looking at the decal. I
asked if I could help him, and he said he was just wondering, what kind of
tattoo did one put on a dog? Was it of another dog, or a heart, or a dragon,
or just what........?