[Dailydrool] Wyatt..

stevebarlow4 at verizon.net stevebarlow4 at verizon.net
Mon Jul 21 12:44:14 PDT 2008

I got a lot of resonses to my Wyatt.. and thank you all.

I wanted to address some questions people have had.

Wyatt was diagnosed on 6-13 and saw an oncologist on 6/24.   He was doing 'awesome' from 6/24-7/16, but started downhill at that point.

He did see the vet on Thursday... but this was his sisters checkup.. not his.  She felt his tumor and noted it had grown.... and that he had a lot of life in him and not to rush a decision on him... but  he also hurt his good leg that day and has been eating less and is in more pain since thursday.

The vet has recommended trying the predisone, but maybe not until I get back from vacation, if I go.   Most of you said you would stay home with your baby(this is 'another' beach vacation, though in Daytona this year instead of Myrtle Beach. Lodging is free(in-laws time share) but they don't allow pets so taking him isn't an option.

I have also contacted a local boarding facility and may take his sister, clover there to keep them from fighting.  The pet sitter will come in the morning.. but the neihbors will come in the evening and watch some TV.. etc... give him some loving.    I may get the pet sitter to come mid-day as well if possible.  My concern is if he takes a sudden turn... but I think he would do better alone than with fighting with his sister.

You know, if it's his leg, I've done a lot of reading of people who's dogs can't even stand up on their own...  or have hip displasia or such and they have to assist their dogs in bowel movements.

Wyatt is having a problem with solid stools right now.. he can poop... so it's not as though he can't.. it's just that it's obviously an effort.

So to summarize:

- Saw vet on Thursday and he was noted as doing awesome
- Took downward turn, mostly due to.. I think.. hurting good rear leg.
- Sister and he do not get along well.. researching boarding her...
- if I go, he'll have someone stay 3 nights.. and visits 2-3 times per day.  he won't have to worry about his sister. And there would be a cat in the house.

Thanks to all...
I'll keep you updated.

-