[Dailydrool] thanks

Colleen Cooley ccooley at wowway.com
Wed Jul 23 06:49:47 PDT 2008

First of all, drool to those who need it... lurkers or posters, you know who
you are.

Second, I need to extend my thanks to all of you. As I sit on my couch this
morning, with the sky overcast and boggy, in the silence, with a basset
hound asleep on my leg, I realize how much I have. And how much I wouldn't
have if it weren't for this group. My first basset was an accidental rescue.
I wanted a dog and somebody was giving away a silly sweet girl basset. She
turned out to be a prior abuse case and a hand-me-down dog (I was her fourth
or fifth home) but she was a treasure. Crippled legs and all. She saved me.
And she led me to the Drool and to formal rescue. When I lost her to cancer,
I thought I would go crazy. I did for a few weeks then realized that she did
not save me just to have me fall apart. So, to rescue she sent me. Then came
Stella, who is nothing like Molly. She's a troublemaker. She's really active
(of course, while I type, she's snoring quietly on my leg.) Who knew a
"sleepy" dog would need to walk 4 miles a day? She's a pain in the butt to
train. And she's what I needed. So again I thank you all. The stories that
make me laugh out loud or cry or even rage at my computer screen are such a
part of my day now. I haven't had a single question that you all haven't
answered at least twice. To the newcomers, welcome to the biggest funniest
bravest family I've ever seen. To those who have been around the list and
bassets for a while, bless you for your experience, patience and passion -
for these goofy short wrinkly dogs and us newbies who care for them.

Colleen
Slave to Stella the not-so-nefarious today and Molly, my treasure in heaven