[Dailydrool] Comments about being a basset slave

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Tue Jul 1 09:42:18 PDT 2008

I speak for myself of course when I say this, but I consider my title as
slave one of honor!!  It's not a negative thing at all.  Obviously,
there are some who don't know how much work it takes to truly and
completely spoil a basset hound to the point at which your own needs,
comfort, space on the sofa, shoes without teeth marks, etc. are but an
afterthought to the needs and comfort and happiness of that fat little
short legged long ear'd fat toed slobbering goofy looking silly animal
that I would give my life to protect like I would the children I gave
birth to.  It's not easy to spoil them that badly...but it is certainly
possible!  Commitment...that's all it takes!

We all know our dogs are dogs, and we are their masters, and all that
jazz...but what's so bad about having a sense of humor and finding joy
in the mishaps of everyday basset-slavedom?  If your life and routine
work for you and your pup, I'm thrilled for you!  And if being a slave
to a basset hound or two works for me, then I would hope that there's no
one out there who would look down on me for it.  (I really couldn't care
less what anyone thinks to be honest, but I thought I'd be polite!
Lol...My dogs run my house and my life and I love every single second of

Jessica L. Sutton

Hopeless food and love slave to two very spoiled, very rotten, extremely
wonderful basset girls!