[Dailydrool] Garden Pests

Linda H dirtherm2 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 1 14:59:59 PDT 2008

Oh my doG! Those pics are hysterical! BIG garden pests. But it does show that you have a very organic garden. All the pests would be dead if it was a normal chemical garden.

Now, what to do . . . .   it is a good practice, when gardening organically, when bothered by pests, to plant a "catch crop" nearby that you don't care about, for the pests. The idea is they will eat that and leave your good stuff alone. What you might plant, for these particular pests, would be things like Biggus Hotdoggus (they grow into hot dog shrubs, not too big), Kitty Poopae (low growing ground cover), or perhaps Peanutus Butterus Sandwichus (very compact plant).

Good luck eradicating the pests!

BTW, good compost has lots of fiber to keep the pests "regular".  ;0)

Linda and Merlin (I just bury my bones in the garden)