[Dailydrool] how we got bassets

Georgie and Miss Becky sauble at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 1 17:41:15 PDT 2008

Well I had five sons and there were days dogs would arrive at our
place chain and all so what does that tell you.
We had one very loyal collie/beagle cross for one and when we
had to leave city we unfortunately had to leave her. One stayed
back as long as he could - I still think of her.
So in Calgary they had some money and decided to buy a bassethound
cuz was close to beagle.  Well two of us went looking and picked out one
at a pet store (before we knew) and started out with one but changed our
mind and went back and got the other one. Why we don't know!
Well at age 5 she got Addisons and lived to 10 and it was awful when
she went.
However one day in comes a son with a box and a wee white head sticking
out - no question it had to be a basset. My mother died that week so her
name was Miss Becky after her.

And now she is 14-l/2  She also is my last dog.
Georgie and Miss Becky