[Dailydrool] No vacation from Rescue

froggie0310 at bellsouth.net froggie0310 at bellsouth.net
Thu Jul 3 13:17:36 PDT 2008

I swear I cannot do anything without running into a rescue dilemma.  Not that I mind, but.... :)  Not only were we asked to transport the Corinth girls (it was literally exactly on our way, so how could I say no?  They were so sweet!!) but yesterday morning the shelter back in KY emailed and said they'd taken in an owner-surrender and, with 400+ dogs brought in in the month, they simply had no room for her.  Well, luckily, Nellie had had to join us on our vacation (well, it was a bloat scare that caused that, but she's OK) and it meant that our foster Twinkie was alone in her suite at the kennel.  The shelter vetted Bella and brought her to the Pet Lodge this morning after I called and asked if she could join Twinkie (I already had the suite reserved, so they really couldn't say no unless either dog were food aggressive, and luckily neither is!)  So, we have a new rescue girl who had a now-draining lemon sized cyst on her side but otherwise seems in good health (HW neg, too!)  Please cross your paws that she's it until I get home!  I need a vacation!!!!!

Susan and the Hoptown Bassets + 8
Nellie, Murphy, Jeremiah, Walter + Sapper + Liam, Danica, Beau, Poppi, Twinkie, Justice and Bella
Bluegrass Basset Rescue, Inc