[Dailydrool] How much do my dogs sleep?

Jessica Sutton Jessica at fmprofessionals.com
Thu Jul 3 13:25:12 PDT 2008

I couldn't tell you with certainty how much my girls sleep, but it is a
whole lot more than 8-10 hours.  They go to bed when we do, usually 10
or 11 (and they sleep in the bed with us, which is why my back is always
hurting and my legs are asleep and numb!) and get up at about 6 to go
out, then Diva goes in with the kids and gets under the covers and goes
back to bed.  She doesn't care what's going on, she goes in there with
them and knocks out.  Then there are the naps all during the day, like
when they are sitting too long waiting for me to drop something while
I'm cooking...their heads start dropping slowly down and I can see them
drifting off..., or of course after the basset 500, after playing in the
yard, alerting me of the dangerous stranger at the door, chasing the
cat, eating a piece of cheese, finding a frog in the yard...all of these
events require a small nap to recover energy.  Energy that will be used
to chew my new shoes, eat the zipper off my purse, grab my child's
sandwich off the table and haul a$$ with it, lick one spot on the sofa
where there once was a spot of something edible over and over until half
of the cushion is now dark and wet with slobber...   you get the drift.
They snooze all day, and they jump up at a pin drop to go run to the
next activity when it presents itself.  I thought everyone's dog did
this.  Do some dogs really just sleep at night or for 8 - 10 hours and
that's it?

Ooh, btw...I tried to attach a pic of a basset on LOL Dogs website
today, it was a basset lookin in the mirror and it's cute...but I forgot
about the no pictures rule.  Sorry!!!  Anyway, it's a cute pic, check it
out about halfway down the page.  http://ihasahotdog.com/

Jessica L. Sutton