[Dailydrool] basset depression

Monique Tecson moenizzle at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 3 15:06:57 PDT 2008

I noticed the same behaviors in Mona too when we first got Potato! She's really mellow, Potato's like a puppy on a sugar rush... LOL! Always in your face!

We made sure that she was still the "first dog". She ate first, went out the door first, got treats first, etc. In time the moping stopped. If she sees us giving Potato attention, she's like "yeah, whatever... I'll get my lovins later!"

If I miss my girl, sometimes the two of us would just go out for walks by ourselves... she seems to really enjoy that!

Bottomline, I think dogs are better at "sibling rivalry" than us hoomans.. LOL! Cuz at the end of the day, they realize that they each have each other.. and that's what counts!

Monique, momslave to Mona (i like da tater tot.. sumtimes!) and Potato (hu yoo kiddin Mow-nuh? yoo be alones wifout memememe!)