[Dailydrool] carrots

Marilyn Bickell mbickellhounds at comcast.net
Sun Jul 6 13:43:03 PDT 2008

The only time dogs can digest carrots is when they're ground really well or
pureed. Carrots are part of my dog's veggie mush, along with dark greens.
Yes, carrots will digest, but they definitely need to be ground into a very
mushy, almost watery, consistency. And the benefits of pureed carrots to
whole carrots are higher, because when they're ground nothing passes through
the dog; he will digest and "use" all the carrot :o)

Marilyn, Miko (Chasing lizards in Heaven), Bess, RoseyMae, and Beaver
Cleaver,
Fort Bragg, CA

"You have gone ahead and nothing is the same, leaving paw prints on my heart
that will always remain."- Tibetan Proverb from Prayers on the Wind.