[Dailydrool] Bassets and Staph

Jennifer Beezley jbeezley at cableone.net
Mon Jul 7 17:28:58 PDT 2008

Dogs have staph on their skin.  The infections usually happen when the skin gets a
small cut or something and the staph can get in and set up shop.

My Lucy gets them about once a year.  The first one was very large, on her back.
We had a spray, shampoo and pills.  It happened again last fall.  This time it was
the same general area but three medium patches.  More pills, spray and a stronger
shampoo.  I was petting her last night and noticed another patch.  I got out the
spay and shampoo.  I am hoping to head it off.

As Mad-Eye Moody says "Constant Vigelence"  (harry potter reference)

Jennifer
~~~~~~~
Lucy, Abby, Eli and Eyson (ATB)
Arooo Y'all
~~~~~~~~
"They had buried him under our elm tree, they said-yet this was not totally true.
For he really lay buried in my heart. "  Willie Morris, My Dog Skip