[Dailydrool] Yellow confetti

Alan Folsom alan at folsoms.net
Mon Jul 7 20:47:33 PDT 2008

>Just don't let her, say, steal an ear of 4th of July corn on the cob.
>Unless, of course, you like picking up poop that looks like it's been >strewn with yellow confetti.

I had a dog once ( a crazed Viszla cross) who thought "corn bones" were the greatest thing in the world.  I could leave steak bones in the trash with no problems, but if there were corn cobs, it would be raided.

Of course, he also liked vegetables of all sorts.  He once went down the rows in  my garden, biting the head off of each broccoli sprout.  He also knocked down the netting holding up my sugar snap peas and ate every one. My wife could make a salad and toss the scraps over her shoulder, and they'd never hit the ground.  He wasn't only into vegetables though, he once figured out how to open the refrigerator door, and ate a whole pound of Canadian bacon.  After that, we had to bungee the door of the refrigerator closed, which caused some strange comments from guests.

In comparison, Ginger the basset is a perfect (almost) angel.

Al