[Dailydrool] Crabby girls

jules56pt at charter.net jules56pt at charter.net
Wed Jul 9 18:21:47 PDT 2008

There's a whole lot of crabbin going on here.  I guess the three girls are still trying to figure out who is in charge.  Maybe the crabbiness is partly due to them all being female.  Some days it nearly drives me crazy.

 Sunny has been here the longest and thinks she is the queen of everything.  We try to let her be the queen whenever we can but sometimes it backfires.  She gets fed first but she won't always go to her bowl.  Her appetite is off and on so getting her to eat can be a challenge.  Ninja is always happy to help Sunny finish up any uneaten bits and pieces.

Ninja came next and she is a pretty calm girl at home.  Ninja doesn't like Sunny but won't mess with her.  Ninja goes out of her way to stay out of Sunny's way.  Ninja won't cross her path or get close to her when she lays in doorways.

Marley is a different story. She mouths off at the drop of a dog treat.  She  spends half of her day bellowing at the top of her lungs mostly at Sunny.  Marley and Sunny stand all stiff and bristly barking up a storm.  Neither one backs down so many times one of us stands between them to break the flow.  They ignore us and try to keep going.  Marley is really annoying because she has a  shrill voice kinda like a beagle.  Please don't be insulted if you have a beagle.  I love them but they tend to have a higher bark than a basset.  Marley looks like she is part beagle even though she is not.  We love her dearly even when she is being her most annoying.

Ninja has the biggest deepest bark I have ever heard on a basset.  She sounds like a huge guard dog.  Ninja protects her mommy and I don't mind.

All is quiet for the moment.  Marley has probably gone to bed.  At about 8:00 every night she disappears and puts herself to bed.  Kind of cute.  Ninja waits until I go up.  She is my velcro hound.

Have a nice evening.
Julie and the girls