[Dailydrool] Zilla and the suicidal chipmunk

tomanddeb at tznet.com tomanddeb at tznet.com
Wed Jul 9 19:40:47 PDT 2008

We have a fenced in area for just the bassets and there are plenty of alternative routes for the little wild creatures to scamper to their destinations. That being said, I look out in the yard yesterday to investigate a ruckus and what do I see? Zilla chasing a chipmunk nose to the ground INCHES from having his nose clear up the chipmunk's .....well you get the picture. All the while the chipmunk's tail is flipping and it is chip chip chipping.. I banged on the door to give the poor thing a diversion so it could get away. It worked , but Zilla did not want to come in no way no how and boy did I get THE LOOK for breaking up THAT party! He finally came in  and forgave me but that darn chipmunk must of had a death wish!!!     Debbie and the Masterpiece Bassets