[Dailydrool] Morse visits the neighbours (uninvited)

rebecca stanton rebecca.stanton at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 13 13:22:45 PDT 2008

So yesterday afternoon, we went for one of our walks round the field.  It was a warm afternoon, so we were strolling quietly and taking it easy.  Lovely.  Then Morse's snooter went high into the air and a glazed look came over his eyes - usually the signs of evilness in the air. I was immediately on guard while he frantically searched for the object that his snooter was directing him to - and found it - a dead bird.  He then proceeded to roll on it - that's fine - but then decided to try and eat it - a definite no-no - so a tug of war ensued and Morse charged into the nearby hedge, without bird.  I thought I could hear him rustling about in the undergrowth, but then it went all quiet.  Right next to the field is a large house with a huge garden, and a nice family live there.  The next thing I hear is their little daughter shouting across the garden happily 'Mummy there's a doggie in our garden' (oh please, NO)
But yes, there was Morse, happily chasing round the garden, much to the children's delight.  Then he races straight past them and into the house, as the back door is open.  Oh good grief.  I scale the 5 foot fence, amid shrieks of hysteria from the house, who are chasing him round.  I make it into their kitchen as Morse enters at full-speed, fresh from his tour of the house with children, mum and dad in hot pursuit.  He manages to wriggle past me and I finally grab hold of him as he is gulping water down from the mum's bucket outside - think she was cleaning windows.
Happily, they are a lovely family and were very amused.  I apologised profusely and marched Morse out, who was very pleased with himself.
Here's the link to some pictures - the last few were taken minutes before this happened.
www.photobucket.com/albums/ff145/beckylouiseisabel/morse%20july%202008/

*Cringe* (again)
Becky, Morse & Pumbaa ATB x