[Dailydrool] how things change when you're gone

Bonnie Garner parrothead at ripleycable.net
Mon Jul 14 08:59:58 PDT 2008

Last week we were gone to the great Alabama Gulf Coast for some much needed R&R.  Furbabies stayed home with the nephew.  Missed them terribly (after the first few days).

Upon arriving home, some very disturbing sights.  First of all, our baby, Lowretta, who will be one year old the end of July, no longer looked like a puppy.  She seemed longer, taller, heavier, stockier, a big girl now.  It was a shock.

Stanley looked older.  He's only eight and a half.  His eyebrows are turning white, as is some hair around his muzzle.  We noticed this in a picture we took a couple of months ago, but it seemed so much more pronounced.  My boy is becoming an old man.

 I was glad to be home, but stood on the sidewalk crying because my one baby is growing up and my other baby is getting older.

 Lesson learned:  Don't leave home or at least don't leave home without them.

Bonnie
Slave to Stanley, Beachbaby, Lowretta, Stella (ATB), J.D. (ATB), Begonia (ATB)