[Dailydrool] Responses and a Peticure report

njmedic702 at aol.com njmedic702 at aol.com
Fri Jul 18 07:50:01 PDT 2008

 Been away on vacation and returned to tons of email, including Drools, so am just getting caught up.?

First, heart healing drool to those whose hounds have made their way to the Rainbow Bridge, especially those who had to make the difficult decision to send them on their journey.Though it hurts to lose them it is the kindest and most generous gift of love they will ever know. Hugs to you all.

More hugs and healing drool to those whose hounds are ailing. Special strings of it to Mama Zelda - God bless Fentanyl patches.? So glad to hear that King Bob's problem was able to be repaired with surgery.? May his ongoing recovery be swift.? I was especially said to read about Mazzie, poor Baby...and glad that although her poor Basset back is fused so badly that she is still able to play and enjoy herself with her furbuds.? I know her humans will be inspired as to how best to handle this.

Welcome to the newbies - I got a special chuckle at the question of how best to Bassetproof a home for a new buppy. You've gotten some good suggestions...but if you ever figure out how to do it completely, please let us all know, LOL!

After what seemed like forever, our Peticure arrived in the mail last week.? We've pretty much had the response we expected; Dozie laid on his back and presented his nails as if he were at the spa for a mani-pedi day. We used one of the largest openings (his nails are large and thick) and it worked like a charm. We decided to use it two to three times per week to encourage the quick to recede.? Delilah was a little less trusting because of the buzzing it generates but she, too, allowed us to do all four feet.

Daisy and Dudley barked at it just like they do at the vacuum cleaner, the monster which is out to suck them into the Vortex of Evil. Their video and directions say dogs which behave like this have to be sensitized to it - to turn it on and let them get used to the noise until they are curious enough to want to sniff at it, then sit with you with it on and so on...I expect this will be a lonnnnng process.? Overall impression: with patience it is a great device.? Works like a Dremmel but without the worry of slippage and injury to a delicate (snort) toe. It comes with a nice supply of sanders which just slip over the wheel.? I'd give IT an A for performance, Dozer an A, Delilah a B and two F's for the other two...

Love the photo and video links sent by all - the houndage does lend itself to this, doesn't it? Brudder Elwood, I laughed until the tears rolled down my cheeks last night at your latest post. Thanks, Debbie.? You and Bev have a way with hound words.

Hugs and snooters...and a special shout out to Arfur and Sirius...

Sandi, Mamaslave to the Boys and The Belles - Dozer, Dudley, Daisy and Delilah.

?Sandi / NJMedic702