[Dailydrool] Oh Carolyn, Don't Feel Bad

Lilie Basset Liliebasset at comcast.net
Fri Jul 18 08:51:36 PDT 2008

"I was watching to make sure I never hit his dog and I slowly backed into
tapping the pole. This guy watched me do it and did not try an stop me. The
pole was in my blind spot."

My husband and I used to go antiquing every Sunday, and one day we parked in
the lot at an Antique Mall.  There was a very large light pole right behind
us, but not close enough that it couldn't easily be missed.  I mentioned the
pole to Daniel as we got out of the car...(remember this)

When we left, he started the car and backed right back into the pole.
Crash!!!   The sound even woke up a man dozing in his truck (probably
waiting for his wife).  Daniel got out, looked at the amazing bumper that
had no damage, got into the car and drove away as though nothing had
happened.

If I had been the one driving, I would never have heard the end of it.

If I were you, I'd have my husband call the idiot, too.  I can't believe
that someone (a dog owner, at that) is such a jerk.

Take care.
Kate, Lilie and Daffodil