[Dailydrool] BLOAT study

jaxh412 at aol.com jaxh412 at aol.com
Sun Jul 20 17:26:03 PDT 2008

As a tech I got my hands on a study published by one of the vet colleges- can't remember which one off of the top of my head but I will try to track down the article. But it said that if the dog food has Citric Acid in it you DO NOT want to wet the food down that they have found links between wetting food containing citric acid and bloat. It also recommend that you feed deep chested dogs a meal of canned/wet food and a separate meal of dry food. So mine get canned in the AM and dry in the PM.
Hope this can help. There are SO many different theories on bloat out there that you just don't know!
Truman and Reagan's Momma, Hope