[Dailydrool] Oil Gland Cyst

DEBBIE.WYNN at comcast.net DEBBIE.WYNN at comcast.net
Mon Jul 21 17:30:18 PDT 2008

Has anyone ever had a dog with an oil gland cyst?  I just returned from having one removed from Rosie - it was on her neck.  She also had a wound on her side - the vet at first said it was a bite wound but I looked so horrified that he backtracked and called it a puncture wound.  I am scouring my yard to figure out what she might have gotten caught on.  But I've never heard of an oil gland cyst - any information will be appreciated!

To the single lady thinking about getting a second basset, I am a single woman with a basset (Rosie), two pugs (Chubby & Daisy), and a golden retriever puppy (Zoe).  Life is never dull!  It can be a delight and pleasure just to watch the differences between their personalities.  So if you're inclined to do it I would encourage you to try!  I turned 50 this year and a friend of mine asked me what I regretted most about my age.  I told her I hated the thought that I was probably too old to have the opportunity to live with all the many dog breeds that I admire so.  Then I thought how silly that was - if your health and budget permit it why not have multiple dogs at once?   That's why over the course of a year I went from one dog to four!  I think I'm stopping at four though - puppies - whew!  They're a lot of work!

To Zelda and Wyatt - a wise person once said that when you don't know what to do to help, you can always pray.  You sweet dogs - you are so loved, and I know many many people are praying fervently for you and for your families.

And Bob the Dog - whoo hoo!  I am so happy.  Very very happy.  You scared a lot of people.

Drool to all who need it -
Debbie