[Dailydrool] Clara My Heart

Linda ldianis at comcast.net
Tue Jul 22 10:24:09 PDT 2008

Dear Mr. Fitzrolphissimus, ol' buddy, Brother in OEBE,
I am a sometimes humble, goofy, and untitled (land-wise) basset; and I,
sir, am not a cad. I have nothing but Berry Earnest and Honest
Intentions toward your lovely sister. My evil ways are for the slaves,
not for Dear Clara and those melty brown eyes, those expressive twitchy
eyebrows, those velvetears....
My own big sister, Nellybelly, former miss sparkly pink member of the NJ
Nature Nuggets and loyal well-behaved sisterly companion, vouches for me
all the time. I stand posed on the back of the living room armchair like
a ship's prow, and she barks her appreciation as I gaze about. You might
want to  thik about this, we could double date and make Shortcake
together. I may not have my own berries any more, if you get my drift,
but I have a very Big Heart. I flat-basset with the best of them; and I
countercruise treats as needed. I'll share them with my gurl, too. (Even
some with you, if you leave us alone in the berry patch for a while.)
You may not think me worthy, and I confess, my breeding is pure
bassetude. Nelly and I both are rescues from and of New England stock.
But we are quite fond of Olde England ways and our dear compatriots.
I ask nothing from Clara but her attention; perhaps a little strawberry
smooch, or a raspberry (bbrrrrrt!) on the side of my flappy flews?--once
Clara has graciously acceded to my most earnest bowing, woofing, and
wagging, of course.
Clara: my heart, my blueberries, my adoration from afar.
Otis, softly whining and rapidly lovesick (or is it the blueberries?),
Panjandrum of Pandemonium, OEBE