[Dailydrool] Drool please

Bambi McLeskey balange at olemiss.edu
Tue Jul 22 15:18:35 PDT 2008

Hello,

First I want to send Drool to all those in need. Even if it is not asked,
Drool is more than plentiful. So here it is.

I would like to ask for a little drool for Drake today though. I have been
gone for a week and my mom came into town and stayed with Drake, Stryker,
and Ahroo. Bo was at the vet. I got back yesterday and crashed after work.
Apparently some time this morning, Stryker got loose and opened the back
gate for Drake (yes that boy is a Houdini, and he prefers for all of our
dogs to be out with him). Realized that Stryker wasn't out there but he
comes back so my mom and I went out hollering for him. Then realized Drake
was missing and panicked. He is a little guy and his collar broke while I
was gone (so no tags) Looked and hollered and screamed and yelled for him
and couldn't find him anywhere. Finally I heard this pitiful little painful
Rooroo from the side of the house. Jumped a six foot tall fence (boy will I
feel that in the morning) and found my little boy huddled between the air
conditioning unit and the house with blood on him and not walking. Loaded
him up and rushed him to the vet. Outcome: It was a fight with the retired
fighting pit bull next door that ripped a chunk of Drake's ear out about the
size of the end of my finger. Deep puncture in his back, lots on his leg
which he still will not put on the ground, and a small puncture directly on
his anus which is now torn. The vet is letting him come home tonight but I
have to take him back tomorrow to check in on that other little "backside"
he has. The one time I will be happy to know that he will poop. So I guess
we both need some drool because I am terrified that I am going to do
something wrong.

This is not a rant on dog breeds, its just that "Killer" used to fight and
now lives open in the yard next door. He is on a chain but I would be fine
if they would put him in a fence. God forbid one of my dogs get out again,
but this is the second of my dogs he has fought with in a week. I wouldn't
care if he was a poodle, but my baby boy is hurting and he was so frightened
and so was I. Just a little drool til he feels a little better please?

Thank you wonderful drool family for allowing me to rant and cry on here. I
needed that.