[Dailydrool] "The Howl"

BasetSavr5 at aol.com BasetSavr5 at aol.com
Tue Jul 22 16:56:09 PDT 2008

Momma here. I guess I just need to vent, or help my aching heart-something.
Sister Daisy, rescued and arriving here with Elder Clara, is the sweetest
lemon/white basset. She just lives to please, she asks for nothing, and you can
see by her face that love and attention is something she never had, along
with food, water, shelter--you all understand--she handles Brudder Elwood with
her normal easy demeanor, just never raises a fuss.
Bob and Casey have always howled, have now taught Brudder Elwood, Elder
Clara joins in, and then there is Daisy.  Daisy try's so very hard to join  in,
but before she was thankfully rescued, her vocal cords were cut-and not by a
vet--her bark is merely a yap, but to join the howl of the rest of the pack is
heartbreaking. Just a squeek comes out. They were cranked up howling tonight,
and she was next to me, head thrown back, doing her best to join in the fun,
her  little squeek the best she could do. I just broke my heart to hear her, a
 reminder of what she has been thru. Some things I can't fix. I guess all I
can  do is love her 10 times as much, and continue to show her the good life.
.......truth be known--I really would like about 10 minutes of alone time
with her "prior owner"--

Drool to all in need
The Brudder Elwood has been awful quiet of late--this could mean trubbles a
comin--

Debbie  Winchester
Bob, Casey, Elder  Clara, Daisy, and
Brudder Elwood OEBE