[Dailydrool] BUV Recommendation

LaRock Hounds twobassetsonedoxie at gmail.com
Sat Jul 26 16:10:48 PDT 2008

We have a Ford Freestar that is a 2005 and we have had it for 3 years.  The
3rd seat folds right into the ground.  We put 2 adults, 2 children, 2
bassets, a mini doxie, all of our luggage, kids toys, etc. for a weekend
trip with no problem and that is without using a luggage rack or a trailer.
The problem is that they don't make them anymore. Ford did away with their
mini vans and so did Saturn, I believe.  The only issue we ever had with it
is having the rotors needing replacing very early on.  The kids love it
because of the dvd player and screen with cordless headphones.  The basset
like it because they can sprawl out on their pillows. Maggie has gotten
"fluffier" in the past 3 years and cannot fit in to go in between the 2
seats to the back. We have to pull the seat forward and up to get her in.
The bassets get in with no problems.  I was at the Ford place today getting
an oil change and NY State inspection and happen to find a vehicle to drool
over. It is called the Ford Flex. I don't think it will fit all that you
want to into it.  I may keep it in mind for our new vehicle though if we go
for a roof luggage rack because there certainly is less space in it compared
to the mini van.  The bassets love the van. I used it to transport 5 of the
Arkansas 11 at the end of June.  One of the bassets, Rylee who is sister to
Cassie the Basset, would sit down and look out the back window. It was
cute.  I had no issues with 5 bassets in the back and 2 kids in the middle
area and myself driving.

DRool to all in need,
Dee, Maggie, Mazzie and Oliver