[Dailydrool] Thank you, ladies

Lainee Francis lainee09 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 06:07:54 PDT 2008

I would like to thank all the ladies who responded to my request regarding handling 2 Bassets by themselves.  Most were saying "go for it!"  I struggled with my decision, but, when I thought with my head instead of my heart, I rationalized the pros and cons.

Due to the fact that I cannot have a fenced in yard & that I need knee replacement in both knees so walking will be at a minimum, I decided to start with the 6 year old--get her acclimated to her new surroundings and me, and have her spayed after a couple of months.  Then I will consider getting the second Basset.  Bringing 2 new BHs home at the same time and trying to train them, get them adjusted and comfortable in their new surrounding,s and have them spayed, would not be fair to either one.  I don't feel I could give each one the individual attention they need and deserve to help them with the transition.

I spoke with her breeder, Barb Cromley, and she assured me if I wanted a second BH, she will have one for me.   Perhaps not the 10 month old buppy--if Barb can find her a good home before I'm ready, that would be wonderful for Adi.  I have no problem taking an adult BH.

So, again, thank you, Ladies, for all your wonderful advice.

Lainee & TicTac--(A new angel ATB), the Queen "B"
"B" for Basset, of course!
And "Patches" & "Pockets" ATB