[Dailydrool] The Waspinator

Anne Savidge AnneSavidge at dcccd.edu
Mon Jul 28 11:52:47 PDT 2008

I have been meaning to get a Waspinator, but haven't yet, so I can't say how effective they are. A Waspinator is a totally harmless, non-chemically treated bag made of gray fabric that looks like a hornet's nest. Hornets and yellow jackets are territorial, and allegedly, if you hang one of these things up, the wasps stay away because they think its the nest of wasps who are already living in the area.

There is a webpage for this product, which can also be found in some organic products catalogs like Gaiam Living. The webpage is  http://www.waspinator.com

Again, I haven't used one myself, but it seems inexpensive enough to try.

Auntie Anne